Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Style of Reading and Studying

My learning style of reading and studying isn't too complicated. I like my area to be quiet and not too many distractions. Although i like it to be less distracting, I seem to get distracted any way. I start doodling and drawing on the corners of the pages. I get up to go to the bathroom and get something to eat. Its almost like I'm unconsciously procrastinating. A lot of the time i get really bored and then choose not to study or read for school. I think some strategies that would help are taking breaks every now and then, then coming back to it. I could also make studying into a game. For example, see how many times i can get some definitions right at a time when i'm studying English. When I'm studying math, i have to practice problems, I can't study formulas and what not. As for science i need a lot of peace because there are a lot of formulas. History is the worst for me. I can never find a way to study for that subject. If i had to guess a solution, it'd probably just be peace and quiet. I could probably use motivation to help also. For example, go out and get ice cream or go see a movie when I'm finished.
Things in my house are pretty distracting as well. I have a very noisy bird and my downstairs neighbors are always making noise. My dad is always watching television. I sometimes lock myself in my room to get away from it all. Even my room is distracting. I have a computer, a television, and a noisy air conditioner. I have a phone and a lava lamp. There is a lot of paper to draw on. Pretty much my whole house is a distraction. The only real way to solve these problems, is just to really focus on my work.

4 comments:

B said...

nice blog

Evan said...

Hey I have similar problems, studying is just to boring. What works well for me is to set a sched. Like I will study science for 45 minutes then get a snack. It works well, I hope it helps.

George said...

I have some of the same problems you do. It is also easy for me to get distracted.

Cookie Monster JR said...

hey john, my name is joseph.
i know wat u mean my house is a little distracting aswell. but u r smart, u can get threw it, just like me.
later john